To succeed, the CCI programme must meet the needs of international Climate Research community and contribute effectively to the collective international response to GCOS, via CEOS and GEO.
Key elements of the international framework for this programme are:
- GCOS: which represents the scientific and technical requirements of the Global Climate Observing System on behalf of UNFCCC and IPCC.
- International Climate Research Programmes, which represent the collective interests and priorities of the worldwide climate research communities
- CEOS: which serves as a focal point for Earth Observation related activities of Space Agencies in the GEO framework
- Individual Partner Space Agencies with whom ESA cooperates bilaterally
- EC and National Research Programmes which establish research priorities and provide resources for climate research community within Europe
- Individual end-user organizations in ESA member states and worldwide, climate research, monitoring and modelling practitioners who are active in the IPCC processes